Top Lawn Care Companies in Lakeway
Now you might wonder: where to find a Lakeway lawn care service near me? Since finding a top-rated lawn mowing service can be challenging, we offer a list below that ranks the best Lakeway lawn care services based on our review of online customer satisfaction. The providers are in Austin but are worth reaching out and finding out if the provider can reach your vicinity. Wikilawn.com is in no way affiliated with these, nor have we used them.
1) Lawn Sculptors - Shane HarkinGet Quotes
Want a lawn care company that goes a cut above? Shane from Lawn Sculptors is equipped to offer you just that. Since Lawn Sculptures was established in 1991, Shane and his team have been offering professional-level lawn care services. One of the most unique services among the many they offer is their awesome stonescapes and stone structures. If you want the unique Lakeway lawn that you have always dreamed of, you can trust Shane and his crew to deliver it to you.
2) Elite Services - Matthew KeltyGet Quotes
When it comes to lawn care, you can’t get better than Elite Services. Elite Services is a complete lawn care service based in Austin Texas. Servicing the lawns of Austin and Lakeway since its beginning, Elite Services has the lawn care package you are looking for. Get the lawn care you need and more with Elite Services.
3) Austin Yard Service - Nick DoyleGet Quotes
Austin Yard Service does a lot of work in Lakeway, and they have a lot of experience. Whether you need clean up after a bad storm, or you need preventative lawn care maintenance, you can count on Austin Yard Service. Don’t wait until it’s too late to prepare your lawn for a storm, if you have dead branches or other hazards in your lawn, get them taken care of before the next storm.
4) Terra Systems - Brian RewisGet Quotes
Brian, owner of Terra Systems runs a tight crew. His irrigation and lawn care services are tailored for Lakeway and the Austin, Texas area. Whatever your irrigation needs are, whether a drip system for your garden beds or a sprinkler system for your lawn, Brian has a solution.
5) Northwest Lawn Services, LLC - Paul LebusGet Quotes
Whether you are in Austin or Lakeway, Northwest Lawn Services is your premier lawn care service. Their services range from basic lawn care services like mowing lawns, to larger tasks such as sodding, fertilizing, or commercial services. Whatever your needs big or small, Northwest Lawn Services is here to deliver a lovely lawn and great customer service.
The #1 Lakeway, TX Lawn Care & Lawn Mowing Guide
Lakeway lawn care is a taxing chore. Near Lake Travis, this suburb endures high summer temperatures that punish both homeowners and their lawns. Even after summer, Lakeway still receives highs of 88 degrees Fahrenheit. That’s why we compiled this Lakeway lawn care and lawn mowing guide for you. With important background info and actionable tips, your grass will become easier and less excruciating to maintain.
Watering Your Lawn in Lakeway
If you don’t water properly, then it doesn’t matter if you hire even the best Lakeway, TX lawn service. This is the most crucial first thing to get right because Lakeway heat is frequent and unrelenting. Two major tips:
- Get up early in the morning or go out in the late evening to water your lawn. The sun radiates too strongly most the day. That’s why you need to pick a cooler time of day, so your lawn will have time to absorb the water.
- Maintain a strict watering schedule. It’s recommended you water your lawn 3 to 4 times a week during the growing season, though use a little less during the winter season.
Best Grass Types for Lakeway
Lakeway lawns need warm-season grasses since they survive the best. However, there are varieties within this category. Here are the top ones if you’re a Lakeway resident.
Midiron grass is a popular turfgrass—it can withstand hot temperatures and displays a bright, green color. It becomes dormant in the winter, so there isn’t much lawn care needed during that season. This grass is low maintenance and endures well against plenty of foot traffic, which is why it’s often used in schools and parks. The recommended mowing height is 2 inches.
Bermuda is a common sight on golf courses. A generally sought-after grass in cities with hot weather across the country, Bermuda’s heat tolerance is particularly high. The turfgrass can stay year-round with reseeding, and like Midiron, stays dormant during the winter. It’s also a top choice for Texas due to its high heat tolerance. During the summer, mow this grass between 1 and 1½ inches, and during the winter, allow it to grow to 2 inches.
St. Augustine Grass
St. Augustine thrives in shady areas. If your lawn receives relatively scant sunlight, then St. Augustine is a great option. This turfgrass takes colder and frost to grow dormant in the winter, however, it’s not too burdensome to care for during that season. Be prepared for a brown yard though because this grass is not good for overseeding. The recommended mowing height is 2½ inches.
The Basics of Lawn Mowing in Lakeway
The essential first step for DIY lawn care in Lakeway is proper lawn mowing. Some general tips to keep in mind are:
- Remember the one-third rule. Never cut more than a third of new growth off your lawn during each mow. Grass cutting really short seem more efficient, but this will dry out your grass and prevent roots from developing well.
- Mow your grass 2 to 4 times per month. Lakeway lawns grow quite fast, especially during the summer, so it’s important to keep a disciplined mowing schedule.
- Don’t mow when your grass is dry. Cutting wet grass is risky because it’s easier for your mower to create ruts and damage your lawn.
- Mow with sharp blades. If you mow with dull blades, your grass will tear and weaken it against diseases and pests.
- Leave your grass clippings on your lawn. Your grass clippings are natural, organic fertilizer. This may seem unkempt and messy, but the nutrition your lawn receives is well worth it. If you use a lawn service professional, remember to remind this person to do so.
Hiring A Lawn Care Company in Lakeway, TX
Lakeway’s scorching weather makes DIY lawn care a difficult chore. Most residents would rather travel to Lake Travis and take a cool swim or relax on a boat ride. But neglect to your lawn will result in a brown yard. That’s why many residents choose to hire a lawn service professional.
Lakeway professional lawn care services offer crucial lawn treatment services that range from pest control to aeration and fertilization. It’s also a smart idea in general to have an expert assess how much lawn maintenance your property needs. Additionally, there are some helpful tips to bear in mind when choosing a lawn care service in Lakeway.
The first one is to hire an actual lawn service professional, not your neighbor’s teenage son or someone who can only offer a mower and a truck. Although hiring amateurs may seem frugal, their lack of expertise will result in a neglected and unprepared lawn in the long-term, such as failing to identify diseases and pests early. The second tip is to hire a fully-insured lawn service professional. This will save you any anxiety in case of a pro damaging your property.
Finally, you should consider organizing your neighbors together and request a group discount from a Lakeway lawn care company. Landscapers will likely offer lower prices if several jobs can be completed with just one visit to a neighborhood because they earn more from saving time on their schedules. Furthermore, landscapers are held to greater accountability for a quality job since you and your neighbors will be able to compare lawns afterward.
ReviewsOverall Rating: 4.92 / 5 stars (39 reviews)
- Lawn Mowing by Jo Parvilus< Average Joe’s Landscaping
Everything look great wonderful job thank you very much
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 27, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Darrell IngleD's Landscaping & Design
Yard looks great!
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 26, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Jamie PaulMaple View Lawn Care LLC
Did amazing Thank you so so much!!!!
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 26, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Michael GlatfelterGlatfelter Painting and Property Services
Perfect service, nice and professional guy..
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 25, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by China DowellChinaCat Landscaping
Great job even in difficult weather. Good communication, arrived on time when they said they would be here.
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 24, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Joshua HixsonCUT Tulsa Lawn Co.
Joshua did an outstanding job.
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 24, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Tom DycusPriority landscaping
Tom did a great job with mowing and edging and was surprisingly fast. I also ran into him when he first arrived and he was very nice.
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 22, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by James CamposCampos Lawn Care
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 20, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Jeremy ChamberlinChamberlin Lawn Care LLC
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 19, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Josh NeelyNeely’s lawn care
Thanks Josh! I heard the first time you're supposed to leave it a little longer? Can we do it a little shorter next time?
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 17, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Christopher GillespieLandmark Landscaping
Great service ! Highly recommended!
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 13, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Claude BattsGreen T's Lawn & Landscape
LAKEWAY, TEXAS | MAR 05, 2020