Top Lawn Care Companies in Flower Mound
Now you might wonder: where to find an Flower Mound lawn care service near me? Since finding a top-rated lawn mowing service can be challenging, we offer a list below that ranks the best Flower Mound lawn care services based on our review of online customer satisfaction. Wikilawn.com is in no way affiliated with these, nor have we used them.
1) MOJO Property Maintenance, LLC - Mike OwensGet Quotes
MOJO Property Maintenance LLC has serviced Flower Mound, TX for over 13 years. Meticulous and capable, MOJO Property Maintenance LLC provides lawn work, lawn aeration, and weed removal. They also offer organic pest treatment.
2) S&S landscapes - Doug SiddleGet Quotes
Seeking a landscape installation company that is known for high quality work? S&S landscapes is known for lawn service as well as irrigation inspections, handyman work, and more throughout Flower Mound.
3) MIKITS - Vincent RamirezGet Quotes
Need to hire a responsive lawn and landscape maintenance company? MIKITS commonly provides handyman work, irrigation inspections, and lawn service throughout Flower Mound.
The #1 Flower Mound, TX Lawn Care & Lawn Mowing Guide
Flower Mound lawn care is sweaty drudgery for any resident. As late as September, temperatures still rise to an average high of nearly 90 degrees Fahrenheit. However, Flower Mound neighborhoods, such as Bella Lago and Canyon Falls, still display impressive lawns. That’s why we made our Flower Mound lawn care and lawn mowing guide—so you can more easily maintain a green lawn under heavy heat.
Watering Your Lawn in Flower Mound
Watering in Flower Mound is fundamental lawn maintenance. The humid and oppressive heat in the area frequently parches lawns. The most crucial tips are here:
- Rise early in the morning or stay up late in the evening to water your lawn. The sun radiates too intensely most the day, so you’ll need to go during a cooler time of day. This is for both the sake of your comfort and your lawn.
- Keep a strict watering schedule. 3 to 4 times a week you should water, however, use less during winter time since your grass likely dormant.
- Buy a rain gauge from Home Depot (or any major gardening store). Although Flower Mound rain isn’t often, it can be heavy. A gauge will inform you how much water fell and keep you from over-watering your lawn.
Common Grass Types in Flower Mound
The majority of lawns in Flower Mound are warm-season grasses. There are cold-season grasses as well, but they’re generally used only for overseeding practices. Knowing which warm-season grass you have is important because each have their own growing traits and mowing heights.
Commonly seen on golf courses, Bermuda is a tough grass-type with high tolerance against heat. The grass stays viable around the year as long as you’re reseeding. During the winter, Bermuda retains its green color well. Mowing heights for this grass change when the weather does. During the summer, mow this grass between 1 and 1½ inches, and during the winter, allow it go grow to 2 inches.
Carpet’s thick, light green blades are both durable and heat-tolerant. It can be mowed shorter than many other grass types. A drawback is this grass grows back slowly, so make sure there’s little foot traffic. The recommended mowing height is 3/4 inch to 2 inches.
St. Augustine Grass
As a low-maintenance grass, St. Augustine thrives under the shade. Requiring little sunlight, St. Augustine tolerates cold temperatures well. It is one of the toughest warm season grasses during the winter time. However, one problem is this grass turns brown often because it replenishes poorly from overseeding. The recommended mowing height is 2½ inches.
The Basics of Lawn Mowing in Flower Mound
The essential first step for DIY lawn care in Flower Mound is proper lawn mowing. Some general tips to keep in mind are:
- Remember the one third rule. Never cut more than a third of new growth off your lawn during each mow. Grass cutting really short may seem more efficient, but this will dry out your grass and prevent roots from developing well.
- Mow your grass 2 to 4 times per month. Flower Mound lawns grow quite fast, especially during the summer, so it’s important to keep a disciplined mowing schedule.
- Mow when your grass is dry. Mowing wet grass is a bad idea because your mower may create ruts and damage your lawn.
- Mow with sharp blades. If you mow with dull blades, your grass will tear and weaken it against diseases and pests.
- Leave your grass clippings on your lawn. Your grass clippings are natural, organic fertilizer. This may seem unkempt and messy, but the nutrition your lawn receives is well worth it. If you use a lawn service professional, remember to remind this person to do so.
Hiring A Lawn Care Company in Flower Mound, TX
Flower Mound weather is hot and humid. Without proper care, your lawn may turn yellow from the elements. That’s why a consistent watering and mowing schedule are necessary for a green lawn. However, many residents choose an easier option: hiring a lawn service professional.
Professional lawn care services in Flower Mound offer lawn treatment services that range beyond lawn mowing, from pest control to aeration and fertilization. It’s also smart in general to have an expert assess how much lawn maintenance your property needs. Additionally, there are some helpful tips to bear in mind when choosing a lawn care service in Flower Mound.
The first one is to hire an actual lawn service professional, not your neighbor or someone who can only offer a mower and a truck. Although hiring amateurs may seem frugal, their lack of expertise will result in a neglected and unprepared lawn in the long-term, such as failing to identify diseases and pests early. The second tip is to hire a fully-insured lawn service professional. This will save you any anxiety in case a pro damages your property.
Finally, you should consider organizing your neighbors together and request a group discount from a Flower Mound lawn care company. Landscapers will likely offer lower prices if several jobs can be completed with just one visit to a neighborhood because they earn more from saving time on their schedules. Furthermore, landscapers are held to greater accountability for a quality job since you and your neighbors will be able to compare lawns afterwards.
ReviewsOverall Rating: 4.95 / 5 stars (21 reviews)
- Lawn Mowing by Adel BakerAB construction
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | FEB 13, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Charles BaisdenKillearn Lakes Lawn Service
Charles done an amazing job
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | FEB 03, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Samuel BurlesonBurleson’s Lawn Care
Everything looks great! Thank you so much!
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | FEB 01, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Ramona LaraNew Creation Lawn Pro
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | JAN 30, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Chris ToweryTowery's Lawn Care
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | JAN 28, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Feliciano PerezFelicianos lawn maintenance LLC
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | JAN 26, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Domingo VillarrealVillarreal landscaping
Looks great- thank you
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | JAN 10, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Donnie JonesThem Joneses
Next time can we get rid of the leaf piles in the backyard? Thanks!
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | JAN 07, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Derek WashingtonBRDOC - Lawn Care(Derek Washington)
Great service as always, I'm very pleased with Derek and can't complain, best lawn service provider I've hired.
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | JAN 03, 2020
- Lawn Mowing by Chris RothermelGR United lawn care llc
fantastic job bringing in the New Years right. Thanks to Chris and his crew.
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | DEC 31, 2019
- Lawn Mowing by joshua catlinCatlin's Lawn Care
Josh has been nothing but great thanks.
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | DEC 27, 2019
- Lawn Mowing by Eric PattersonEcmp Landscaping
Thank you for everything Eric! Happy holidays! Thanks for doing this on short notice and being kind to our dog!
FLOWER MOUND, TEXAS | DEC 23, 2019