Orthosiphon labiatus – Shell Bush, Pink Sage, Pink Cat’s WhiskersBY WIKILAWN | OCTOBER 27TH, 2012 | EVERGREEN, FLOWERS, FOLIAGE PLANT, HERBACEOUS, OUTDOOR, SHRUBS AND BUSHES, ZONE 10A, ZONE 10B, ZONE 11, ZONE 9A, ZONE 9B
Orthosiphon is a genus of herbaceous shrubs from the family of Salvia and is known for its ornamental blooms. These drought tolerant shrubs especially Orthosiphon labiatus is a long blooming plant that forms a handsome shrub (up to 1 meter) for gardens and landscapes.
Orthosiphon labiatus is known for its pink, tubular flowers that appear on upright stems of the plant to cover the entire plant in spring and summer. Flowers are usually purple-pink and emit a minty fragrance. This handsome shrub is perfect for mass plantation schemes to form large beds of decent foliage and spring blooms.
Orthosiphon labiatus is known by many names – Shell Bush, Pink Sage, and Pink Cat’s Whiskers. It grows best in full to partial sun and requires regular watering.
Wikilawn’s mission is to provide the best resources and information to help you enjoy your outdoor spaces the way you want. Whether you are a DIY, lawn-loving, gardening guru, or someone who wants help in picking a local lawn care professional, we can smooth your path to a beautiful backyard!
- Tropically Yours, The Firecracker FlowerDECEMBER 12TH, 2011
- Feijoa: The Pineapple-Guava Fruit PlantJANUARY 12TH, 2012
- Designing Beautiful Landscape Designs with BamboosDECEMBER 22ND, 2014
- Border Plant for Low-maintenance Gardens: Yucca filamentosaJANUARY 30TH, 2014
- Winter Flowering Bush: Rhododendron ‘Christmas Cheer’APRIL 11TH, 2015
- Washingtonia: The Mexican Fan Palm for your Garden LandscapeNOVEMBER 3RD, 2011
- Serruria florida, the Blushing BrideAUGUST 22ND, 2012
- Tropical Flowering Shrub: Odontonema strictum, FirespikeOCTOBER 2ND, 2012
- Kalanchoe orgyalis, the Copper SpoonsJANUARY 13TH, 2014
- Quick Growing, Tropical Ground Cover: Rhoeo SpathaceaDECEMBER 9TH, 2011
- Magnolia grandiflora, Lovely Flowering Tree for Warm ClimatesJULY 23RD, 2012
- Tropical Shrubs and Trees for Lovely Flowers: TibouchinaAUGUST 22ND, 2012